FREE SHIPPING on contact lens reorders for your safety. Call today.
At Focus Vision Optometry, we care about the safety and welfare of our patients.
We know this is a stressful and uncertain time, and we are here to help and support you.
As a healthcare practice, we are conducting essential, routine, and preventative vision care, as well as emergency medical eye services at our Beaumont office.
These services are by appointment only so that we can closely monitor and safely control patient flow and volume in our facility.
Our Beaumont location is open for regular office hours at this time.
Our Calimesa location is open for limited appointment-only hours on most Tuesdays.
Beginning October 13, 2020 Calimesa will be open MTW 9:30-5 and F 9:30-4 (closed Th).
We accept walk-in patients if we have available space, staffing and time in our clinic schedule, but please call us first from outside the building.
If you are experiencing symptoms of blurred vision, vision loss, pain, eye strain, headache, eye fatigue, eye injury, eye allergies, eye infection, or if you have have broken/lost your eyeglasses or run out of contact lenses, which is impairing your ability to safely drive, continue work, or perform your necessary daily activities, please call our office to be properly assisted.
We are here to support you.
What are we doing to keep you safe at our office? We are taking important precautions.
Curbside pickup and/or complimentary shipping is available for contact lens orders.
Phone orders are accepted by calling our general office phone number.
If you are picking up eyeglasses, please call ahead so that we are expecting you.
If you are a high-risk (well) patient, ask us about early morning appointments
so that we can ensure you are first-in/first-out.
If you are sick and need urgent medical eye care, speak to our staff
regarding available telemedicine doctor visits so that we may properly assist you.
Any patient that is experiencing symptoms including fever, body ache, cough, or shortness of breath is asked to reschedule their appointment to a later time.
As a healthcare practice, we are grateful and honored to serve our community during this time.
We hope you are doing well, and stay healthy.
If we can assist you in any way, please do not hesitate to call or email us. We are here for you.
In order to properly protect the health and safety of our staff and our patients, please expect to adhere to the following precautions for your experience at our offices:
1. We have curbside check-in available, so when you arrive please call us from your car and we will check you in by phone. If you receive our voicemail, you may text a reply to your confirmation text and we will receive that in real time. We will text you or call you to come inside when our staff are ready to start your visit.
2. If the appointment is for an adult, please come in the office alone unless you need assistance for language or mobility. If the appointment is for a child, please come with only one adult responsible party.
3. When you are inside the office, we are asking patients to sanitize hands and also to keep a 6 foot distance apart, so we will direct your seating accordingly.
4. If you walk in without a call and we are at capacity, we may ask you to wait outside until there is space available.
5. If you develop any flu symptoms including fever, cough or shortness of breath, please call us to reschedule.